To build up our R&D team in Tampere we are currently looking for:
In this role you will be responsible for delivering antenna designs for Smartrac’s RFID products. At Smartrac, you will be using the state of the art tools for RFID antenna development. These include 3D EM simulation tools, anechoic chambers for antenna measurements, flip-chip prototyping equipment and laser etching for quick turn-around antenna prototypes. Moreover, you have the opportunity to further develop antenna related design and testing methods to achieve faster product design cycle times and further improvements in product RF performance. As an Antenna Designer you will be working closely with Lab technicians and the Product Management team and support production whenever they face antenna or RF related testing issues.
- Comprehensive development opportunities and flat hierarchies in an international working environment
- A working place with passionate people who like to work with wireless technology as much as you do
- A modern office environment in an attractive location with good public transport connections
- Flexible working hours
- Create antenna designs for new UHF/HF RFID products
- Develop antenna design and testing methods to achieve continuous improvement on product RF performance and design cycle acceleration
- Perform various RF measurements for RFID products
- Fabricate required prototypes for product development
- M.Sc. in RF electronics/antenna or another equivalent field
- 3+ years of job experience in working in with antennas
- Strong Antenna/RF design and antenna prototyping know-how
- Strong CAD modeling and EM simulation tool know-how
- Experience of communicating and driving projects in a multi-discipline team environment
- Strong communication, problem solving and team leadership skills
- Innovative mindset
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Experience working with wireless technologies or products is highly appreciated but not mandatory
To be successful in this position you are a confident team player, highly self-driven, and equipped with good co-operation skills. Ability to work under pressure and a solution-oriented mindset is required.
If you think that we’re on the same wavelength, then you could be right for us. We are successful in what we do, and constantly strive for continued growth in an emerging market. We offer a wide range of opportunities, quick decision-making processes and creative freedom within a highly motivated international team. If you possess the qualifications required for this position, we invite you to send us your application and CV with your salary expectations by August 1, 2019 to email@example.com
For more information please contact our VP Hardware Development, Juha Virtanen, tel.+ 358 50 4801720.