IN THE WORLD OF TRADESHOWS, RFID IDENTIFIES ALL THE PLAYERS
Innovative RFID-enabled attendee tracking solution could “change the game” for exhibitors and others.
SMARTRAC and Lygase Consulting have teamed up to offer a real-time, RFID-enabled conference attendee tracking, lead capture and data analysis tool. The Smart Events™ system made its debut at RFID Journal Live! in April 2010.
Industry conferences and tradeshows provide companies with an important channel for reaching current and prospective customers. However, most companies can’t quantify the connection between their event participation and new business generated.
As a consequence, venue owners and event organizers are under increasing pressure to make a solid business case to their corporate clients for investing in costly sponsorships and exhibitor packages – or continue to sustain major decreases in annual revenues.
- The RFID solution is comprised of Lygase’s Smart Events™ system, featuring InSync’s application framework; Mojix’s STAR real-time location technology; Thingmagic’s ASTRA reader and a backend system providing advanced analytics, dashboards, data visualization and reporting and analysis tools. Attendee badges are powered by Monza™ 3 Frog™ tags.
- The solution uses RFID technology to provide venue owners, event organizers, exhibitors and attendees with real-time, actionable data and targeted services.
- Venue owners can use RFID technology to increase the efficiency of their employees and guarantee the security of valuable physical assets.
- Event organizers can generate new fee streams by offering exhibitors detailed reports on their booth visitors and other prospects.
- Exhibitors can use data to capture and follow up with high priority leads, measure their performance against competitors and evaluate staff effectiveness conducting outreach. Receiving reports during the show enables exhibitors to make immediate adjustments to their exhibit strategy to increase visits from the right prospects.
- Attendees can use smart kiosks to plan their time at conference sessions – and target exhibitors they wish to visit.