INDUSTRIAL RFID DELIVERS RESULTS THAT ARE BUILT TO LAST
RFID provides Honkarakenne with a window into a new way of optimizing production and controlling costs.
Honkarakenne Oyj is the world leader in the manufacture and marketing of genuine log and wooden houses, selling products to over 40 countries during more than 50 years in operation.
- Up to 1.000 logs are used for each log house, and every log and milling has to be finished and identified accurately during production.
- Several log houses are in production simultaneously: each log house package has to be correctly assembled and packaged for customer delivery.
- Honkarakenne sought after a solution that would optimise production processes and contribute to speed, accuracy and customer satisfaction.
Honkarakenne uses approximately 2000 ShortDipole™ RFID tags each day. The logs are tagged after being cut to predetermined measurements.
The RFID tagged logs are read three times:
- during the design phase to execute the critical actions identified
- to ensure that the logs have gone through all the required operations
- before packing to ensure that all shipments are accurately assembled and prepared for delivery
- Fast and accurate log house deliveries to customers
- Less manual work, leaving staff free to focus on higher-level processes
- Accelerated processes and scalability
- Reduced waste
- Competitive advantage: many of Honkarakenne’s competitors still use barcodes to track their products