To build up our R&D team in Tampere we are currently looking for:
Material & Sustainability Engineer
In this role you will be working as a part of RFID product design team to define and select suitable raw materials, e.g. various laminates and adhesives, to meet customer specifications. In addition, you will be tasked with various projects to develop new manufacturing & converting processes and source new raw materials for next generation RFID products for industrial and retail applications. Smartrac is committed to green values, such as, sustainable development and small ecological product footprints throughout our Green Tag Program. As a Material & Sustainability Engineer You will be working to ensure our raw materials and related manufacturing processes meet this strategy set by Smartrac and expectations of our customers.
- Comprehensive development opportunities and flat hierarchies in an international working environment
- A working place with passionate people who like to work with wireless technology as much as you do
- A modern office environment in an attractive location with good public transport connections
- Flexible working hours
- Define and select suitable raw materials for new UHF/HF RFID product designs to meet customer specifications
- Develop and qualify new raw materials based on market requirements
- Ensure the raw material sustainability requirements based on market and customers’ requirements and Smartrac strategy are met
- Execute the needed development projects to meet sustainability requirements
- Develop Smartrac’s converted RFID products and their manufacturing process
- Develop technology roadmaps for new emerging raw materials and manufacturing processes
- M.Sc. in Material science or another equivalent field
- 3+ years of job experience in material sciences
- Advanced know-how of various polymers and adhesives
- Experience of communicating and driving projects in a multi-discipline team environment
- Strong communication, problem solving and team leadership skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Experience working with wireless technologies or products is highly appreciated but not mandatory
To be successful in this position you are a confident team player, highly self-driven, and equipped with good co-operation skills. Ability to work under pressure and a solution-oriented mindset is required.
If you think that we’re on the same wavelength, then you could be right for us. We are successful in what we do, and constantly strive for continued growth in an emerging market. We offer a wide range of opportunities, quick decision-making processes and creative freedom within a highly motivated international team. If you possess the qualifications required for this position, we invite you to send us your application and CV with your salary expectations by August 1, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please contact our VP Hardware Development, Juha Virtanen, tel.+ 358 50 4801720.