RECORDS MANAGEMENT THAT IS AHEAD OF ITS TIME WITH RFID
Sure-Reach Records Management uses RFID to improve worker productivity.
Malaysian company Sure-Reach provides safe, effective records management for leading companies. The company’s storage facility has the capacity to store some 500,000 cartons and 1.1 million file folders.
The company needs to be able to retrieve important documents at a moment’s notice for client review.
- Sure-Reach was the first in its industry worldwide to apply RFID at item level.
- Sure-Reach added SMARTRAC's FlagTag™ innovation, a self-adhesive label with an embedded RFID tag, to all individual documents in their storage.
- DogBone™ RFID tags are applied to cartons used to hold larger quantities of documents; these cartons can be stored on shelves three-deep.
- Worker productivity at the company’s storage facility dramatically improved.
- The RFID solution streamlined critical business processes including shipping and receipt and inventory management.
- Incoming pallets containing tagged boxes from multiple customers pass through doorway portal readers, reducing human error caused by manual scanning.
- Inventory management takes weeks instead of months.