RFID IMPROVES SERVICE FOR LIBRARY CUSTOMERS
The Riverina Regional Library in Australia is using RFID to optimize the management of collections.
Riverina Regional Library serves approximately 107,000 constituents across nine local government areas, making it one of the biggest regional library services in New South Wales, Australia.
The library’s key objective has been to shift from a traditional collections focus to a client-outcomes view.
- Riverina Regional Library is using the Smart Library™ RFID system for libraries, developed by FE Technologies, with RFID tags from SMARTRAC.
- By customizing the Smart Library™ to ensure all new items are shelf-ready, the library has outsourced the entire process of ordering, cataloguing, tagging and bar coding.
- By investing in RFID technology, the Riverina library has been able to redirect its efforts to achieve better customer service provision.
- The Smart Library™ system has also eliminated a huge amount of manual work.
- The RFID tags’ significant memory size also enables them to store detailed item data, making asset identification more accurate for the library staff.