Fully Integrated CMOS Transceiver IC
The Smartrac TAGREADER base station IC is a fully integrated CMOS transceiver IC minimising the influence on reading/writing distances caused by the given tolerances of the primary resonance circuit.
It is intended for use in an automotive immobilizer RFID base station with the following functions:
- Antenna driving with carrier frequency by internal PLL, or external clock.
- Integrated PLL system to achieve self adaptive carrier frequency matched to the antenna resonant frequency.
- 100% AM modulation (OOK) of the fi eld for writable transponders.
- AM demodulation of the antenna signal modulation induced by the transponder modulation.
- Two sampling points for demodulation to avoid the “Zero crossing” effect.
- Communication with the microcontroller via a 3 wire interface.
- Only a few external components are needed to ensure a very cost efficient and reliable solution for the ever increasing demands of automotive industry.
- Frequency range of 100 – 150 KHz perfectly matches the Smartrac AUTOMOTIVE transponder portfolio.
- Self diagnostic features are implemented including optional reading of PLL lock frequency to assist in more reliable transponder communication.
-40°C to +85°C
Carrier Frequency Range
100 - 150 kHz
Driver antenna bridge
250 mA continuous
Integrated PLL System
Multiple Transponder Protocol Compatibility
Internal and external clock source
2 channel demodulator for Zero crossing effect elimination
Simultaneous Send/Receive Mode